It is hard to believe that we have another year under our belts. 2021 went pretty quickly. What have we learned this year:
1. The Corona Virus is most likely here to stay like the flu or the common cold and that it is more deadly then either of those.
2. Using zoom isn't so bad. Now I just have to figure out how to make a meeting room.
(This old dog is not as good at all these new tricks)
However I did figure out how to change my background on zoom.
3. Being short of staff is very stressful.
For the first time since 2019 I can see the light at the end of the the shortage tunnel at least in transportation.
4. The new normal now is to wear your mask anytime you go out or are in a large group of people. Good side is not getting anything including flu or the common cold.
5. People have been very generous to the not for profits in 2021. More donations and more free renovations (more on that next blog)
6. I miss the Johnson County Fair Yes I said it! I miss Lemon Shake Ups - hope this is the year we come back - Stay tuned.
7. Our staff in every department have been so creative in keeping services going now more than ever.
We hope we can start going out into the community this year as well.
8. The people in our lives family, friends and work family and friends should be cherished and appreciated as tomorrow is not guaranteed!
So in closing I hope and yes I am praying that 2022 will get us a little closer to some kind of normal. And we find a happy medium between the new and old normal.
Becky Allen, Director of Transit